Music in Ancient Greece
- Epitaph of Seikilos
- First Hymn to Apollo, from the city of Delphi
- Second Hymn to Apollo, from Delphi
- Tchaikovsky, Romeo & Juliet Overture-Fantasy (what you might have expected Greek music to sound like?)
- An excellent book on Greek culture: "The Greek Way" by Edith Hamilton
- Chorus from Euripides's Orestes
- Re-creations of Roman Music
- The "Yaman" Raag from Indian Classical music
- "The Bacchae" by Euripides
- The "Bacchanale" from the opera Samson & Delilah by Camille Saint-Saens
Where to purchase these examples
"Ethos" vs. its opposite
George Washington: upright, tall and proud. Versus Snidely Whiplash: crooked, scheming, and suspicious.
The Vienna Papyrus G 2315, containing an excerpt from Euripides's Orestes, with musical notation.